Calling All Drama Queens! ScreenCraft's Drama Screenplay Contest Is Now Open
Now's the time to get your drama script in front of people who know what to do with it.
ScreenCraft is once again looking for fresh new voices to take part in its most popular screenwriting competition, the 2018 Drama Screenplay Contest. Winners will not only receive some pretty sweet cash prizes but, most importantly, they'll get the chance to connect with some of the industries leading professionals.
Now taking submissions, the 2018 Drama Screenplay Contest is a "[celebration of] great dramatic film writing." The panel of judges, which includes talent agents, studio executives, and literary managers from companies like Fox Searchlight, Verve Talent, and Brillstein Entertainment, is hoping to find "great stories with original voices and honest emotion."
- Sara Nestor, Agent at Verve Talent and Literary Agency
- Richard Ruiz, Creative Executive at Fox Searchlight (Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri, Birdman, 12 Years a Slave)
- Natasha Simone, Assistant to George Heller, Brillstein Entertainment
- Melissa Breaux, Literary Manager at Management 360
- 1st Place: $1000 cash, introduction and phone call with a top Hollywood manager/agent, introduction to top studio executives and producers
- 2nd Place: $500 cash, one page of feedback from one of the 4 industry judges
- Top 3 Finalists: Free ScreenCraft development consultation, free lifetime license to WriterDuet screenwriting software
- Anyone from anywhere in the world can enter, but you must be at least 18 years old.
- All submissions must be written in English.
- You must have earned less than $50,000 from professional writing services for film or TV in the last year.
- Each screenplay will be judged based on originality, story, characterization, visual inventiveness, and overall impression.
- Scripts must be between 75 and 140 pages long.
- You can submit as many scripts as you like.
- Entry fees: $49 until the early deadline (July 11th), $69 until the final deadline (September 15th)
The final deadline for the 2018 Drama Screenplay Contest is September 15th, 2018. So, bust out your laptop, typewriter, or whatever it is you write your scripts on, and get to work. Head on over to ScreenCraft to learn more! Good luck!