Our First Impressions of ProRes RAW & The Movie Ticket Subscription Race Heats Up [PODCAST]
In this episode of Indie Film Weekly, we wonder if MoviePass has gone too far this time.
Jon Fusco, Erik Luers, and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss why a recent marketing stunt by MoviePass smells rotten, and what a major theater chain is doing to compete with the ticket subscription service. We also examine where development execs are looking (or listening) for projects today.
Charles Haine joins us for gear news, including the results of our ProRes RAW testing. Charles also answers an Ask No Film School question about how to mark clips while recording without stopping your scene or interview.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- How I Went From Directing My First Spec Ad to Primetime TV Spot in Eight Months
- How to Maintain Your Sanity as Director When Everything Descends Into Chaos
- 'Crime + Punishment' Filmmaker Stephen Maing on Making the Police Drama of the Decade
- The Zellner Brothers on Why You Need to Do Something New With Every Film You Make
- ‘Madeline’s Madeline’: How Josephine Decker’s ‘Bad Process’ Led to a Great Film
- Why a Documentary Recreated a Town's Dark Past by Casting its Current Residents
- How 'Wild Nights with Emily' Revealed New Truths About the Life of a Famous Poet
- Move Your Edits Seamlessly Between Devices with Adobe's Project Rush
- Sigma Starts Shipping Its Full Frame Sony E-mount Lenses
- Field Test: ProRes RAW is a Legit Improvement
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Flies Collective Film Grant - June 30
- GLAS Animation Grant Program - June 30
- American Zoetrope 2018 Screenwriting Contest - June 30 (Early deadline)
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals