We’re currently looking for a part-to-full-time UI/UX Web Designer with a passion and interest in the filmmaking and video content creating community.
No Film School is the leading website “by filmmakers, for filmmakers.” We publish the latest news, tutorials, interviews, and videos to help our readers become better filmmakers — “no film school” required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Provide graphic design, support, and oversee their implementation on a range of projects including blog posts, SEO feature posts, social media, downloadable content, custom page layout, and ebooks.
- Work in conjunction with the editors to implement design needs per project based on writer's content, as well as met editorial deadlines and release goals.
- Work with CEO and senior editor as well as Web Developer Firm and SEO consultants to design, create, and modify eye-catching new templates and pages in our Drupal CMS.
- Provide guidance to our developers as they build out the site's overall user interface, hub pages, search results, forums, and user profiles.
- 2+ years creating product experiences for browser-based applications and services
- Fluency with appropriate design tools for explores, prototypes, testing, and delivering professional-level UX work
- Familiarity with web development solutions
- Outstanding portfolio of innovative UX examples demonstrating process, design variation, and real-world solutions
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for filmmaking and the creative process, along with a desire to help democratize the content creation process by making user-friendly well-designer tools readily available for all
We are looking for a part-time designer to start, with a possible opportunity to transition to full time. Commensurate with experience.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, and any supporting work/links. Please include "web designer" in your subject line.