GNABOX 2.0 is not just a mobile download solution, it's the lynchpin in a mobile app ecosystem to make filmmakers' lives easier.
Nothing is worse than filling up your cards while shooting. At the start of the day you are fancy-free, shooting everything, and by the end of the day you have 5% of your space left and you have to deliberate every single shot choice based on available storage. You could drag a laptop, external hard drive, and power supply with you, but it's far easier to use a GNARBOX, which is a mobile download and backup solution that allows you to plug in your card and download it to a drive without a laptop.
With their new revision to 2.0, the device is focusing on not just downloads but also a complete mobile ecosystem to make your workflow faster. By working with Dropbox, Lightroom, Premiere, and a growing host of other applications, you can start your online backup, cull your raws, and even start the editing process in the field or on the trip back to base camp without waiting. As schedules and budgets get tighter, the freedom to work with just a phone or a tablet and a tool like GNARBOX without dragging around the weight of a laptop and an external drive will be a gamechanger for small crews, one mule teams, and action sports shooters.
- Intel Quad Core, 2.40GHZ CPU
- 4 Core Intel HD Graphics GPU
- 867mbps 802.11 ac/b/g/n WiFi
- 4GB RAM
- NVMe SSD up to 1TB
- SD Card Backup: 100MB/sec write speeds
- USB-C Backup: 500MB/sec read/write speeds
- USB-C Computer Connect: 500MB/sec read/write speeds
- USB-C x2, SD & miniHDMI ports
- 4-hour continuous use
- 3200mAh 7.4v removable lithium ion battery
- IP67 – Waterproof to 1m for 30minutes
- Dimension - 6” x 3” x 1.16” / ~1lb
More of No Film School's coverage from the NAB showroom floor: