The Greatest Foreign Films of All Time & How Much Should You Be Asking for Upfront? [PODCAST]
Will your favorite foreign flick be on this episode of Indie Film Weekly?
Jon Fusco, Erik Luers, and Liz Nord are here this week to reveal a few of their favorites from what BBC has labeled their one hundred greatest foreign films of all time. Is your favorite on the list? Plus should A Star is Born really come with a trigger warning?
Charles Haine joins us for gear news, where we talk Aputure's new venture into sound with Deity microphones and a new cage that actually may be worth checking out. On Ask No Film School - how much should you ask to be paid up front for a new gig?
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Hitting 'The Long Dumb Road' with Hannah Fidell, Jason Mantzoukas & Tony Revolori
- The Challenges (and Possibilities) of a One-Person Crew: Shevaun Mizrahi on 'Distant Constellation'
- Jeremy Saulnier on Why Being a DP is More Fun than Being a Director
- How to Write a Thrilling Horror, from 'Silence of the Lambs' Screenwriter and More
- Get Better On Camera Audio with the D3 and D3 Pro from Deity
- Check Out the New Tilta Modular Cage for Blackmagic Cinema Camera 4K
- Yongnuo Announces Android-Based Mirrorless Cameras - Which YOU Get to Name!
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- EURODOC 2019 - November 13
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Garden State Film Festival - November 10
- The Omaha Film Festival - November 12
- Atlanta Film Festival - November 14
- Green Room - November 12