When to Use a Cine Lens & Has BitCoin Officially Hit the Film Industry? [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly reveals the tech that could revolutionize the business of filmmaking.
Jon Fusco, Erik Luers, and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss how BitCoin and the blockchain are revolutionizing the film industry. We also update you on awards season and the Berlin International Film Festival, as well as marvel over Black Panther’s astonishing opening weekend and talk about what it means for indie filmmakers. Charles Haine joins us for gear news, including official details of the Fujifilm X-H1 mirrorless camera. Charles also answers an Ask No Film School question about the difference between still and cinema lenses.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Why the Blockchain Could Fundamentally Change How Business is Done in the Film Industry
- How 'Like Me' Used Psychedelic Imagery (and the words of Guillermo del Toro) to Explore Loneliness
- Watch: These BTS Videos Will Get You Even More Stoked to See 'Black Panther'
- 'Three Billboards' Sweeps 2018 BAFTA Awards With 5 Big Wins
- With 'Tell Them We Are Rising', Stanley Nelson Finds the Middle of his Black History Trilogy
- 5 Tips For Shooting Your Project On A Prayer
- 'Piercing': How to Cultivate Tone and Style in Your Film
- Fujifilm Aims for Video Shooters with the X-H1 Mirrorless Camera and New Zooms
- Samsung Unveils World's Largest Capacity SSD with Over 30 TB of Storage
- Meike Teases a Trip into Cine Lens Territory
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Tacoma Film Festival - February 26
- DC Shorts Film Festival - February 28
- The Hot Springs Documentary Film Festival - March 1
- Like Me - February 20
- Mute - February 23
- Tell Them We Are Rising - Streaming online through March 22
- Annihilation - February 23