Your Favorite Filmmakers Defined & A New Mirrorless Camera from Fuji [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly is Lynchian, without a doubt.
Erik Luers and Liz Nord get together this week to discuss two of their favorite things: movies and words. They also address some pretty spooky rumors that George Romero may soon be rising from the dead.
Charles Haine joins them to discuss a new camera from his favorite camera company as well as new software from Mocha, Pomfort and Baselight that may end up greatly enhancing your workflow. And in Ask No Film School - what kind of background audio can you use in your short?
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Stanley Kubrick, David Lynch, Steven Spielberg, and More Officially Added to the Oxford English Dictionary
- RIP George Romero: How the Horror Auteur Gave Rise to Underdog Cinema
- An Oral History of 'Donnie Darko': Richard Kelly on the Film's Initial Failure and Ascension to Cult Classic
- How to Become a Top Notch Sound Designer with the Team Behind 'First Man'
- Beautiful Boy' Director Felix Van Groeningen on Finding the Emotional Logic of Your Movie
- 'The Kindergarten Teacher': How Sara Colangelo Transformed an Israeli Film into a Sundance-winning Remake
- How 'Sadie' Went From Almost a Decade in Development to One of SXSW's Most Timely Stories
- How to Make a Documentary About a Subject You're Close To: Steve Loveridge on 'Matangi / Maya / M.I.A.'
- How a 4-Day Journalism Assignment Became an Explosive Yearlong Doc Production
- VR is Not Filmmaking—Here's Why [PODCAST]
- HBO's 'SOLITARY': How Kristi Jacobson Got Access to America's Off-Limits Prisons
- Sundance-Winning 'Last Men in Aleppo': Making Cinema Amid Chaos and War
- Can Doc Filmmakers Be Assholes? 5 Things We Learned from Steve James
- Jeff Orlowski's Sundance-Winning 'Chasing Coral': 'Nobody Has Ever Seen This Imagery'
- Top of the Line DIT Software Pomfort Offers a Slimmed Down Download Manager For Your Footage
- Stay Within Avid for Color with New Baselight Plugin
- Say Hello (and Get Upgraded) to Mocha Pro 2019
- Get Hands On with Fujifilm's X-H1
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Screen Australia: Documentary Development - October 26
- ScreenCraft Action & Thriller Script Contest - October 25
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Dublin International Film Festival - October 14
- Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival - October 19
- San Luis Obispo International Film Festival - October 15
Amazon Instant & Netflix
- Donnie Darko - October 17