October 8, 2019

Read This Before You Upgrade To Catalina

Multiple bugs are reported with Adobe Creative Cloud, CS6, and the newest macOS.

As we reported yesterday, the latest version of macOS, Catalina launched and with it, a lack of support for 32-bit apps. However, while Adobe Creative Suite 6 (known as CS6) is a 64-bit version of the software, multiple users have reported CS6 applications failing to launch in macOS Catalina.

CS6 was the final version of the Adobe Creative Suite that was delivered in a non-subscription based cloud model. InDesignSecrets also reports that InDesign CS6 fails to operate in the new operating system.

As for Adobe Creative Cloud, PetaPixel reports issues with both Photoshop and Lightroom. Adobe has recently posted a note regarding Photoshop and "known compatibility issues" sharing that, "You may want to remain on your current version of macOS until these issues have been resolved." Noted. For more details, you can check out the whole Help post.

There is also similar documentation for Lightroom, though the issues don't seem to be as severe as Photoshop.

While there are few reports of Adobe Premiere users encountering bugs, we did get to see Sidecar in action with Premiere, which is pretty neat:  "With macOS Catalina, you can use an iPad Pro as an extra screen. I already set up a setup to correct color using Premiere Pro."

We'll update you with more information as soon as we can!  Be careful out there!

Featured image from https://www.apple.com/macos/catalina/

Stay way from it till the developers and their software is/are ready......Apple obviously doesn't share enough information with them before release, or they simply don't care enough to implement changes (Adobe). The 64 bit issue alone should have made folks far more wary than...... 'enthusiastic' for the limitations of Sidecar V1.

Your apps are useless with an os that doesn't run them......let the IT nerds work it out while you continue to do you work.......and while you have to constantly click 'not now' on the upgrade buttons if you also haven't turned 'auto update' off.

October 8, 2019 at 9:37PM

you have to be out of your mind to try the first version. instead of paying developers to work out the bugs, they're quite happy to turn it loose on us professionals, and watch our projects blow up while we faithfully log all the errors and issues for them. and still pay seventy bucks US for the privilege.

October 9, 2019 at 9:03AM

stephen knifton
owner / creative director

Stephen you clearly have no experience in IT development whatsoever... I assure you that is not how it works.

October 9, 2019 at 10:22AM

Adobe prioritizes releasing new versions of their apps every with year with more and more features so they can justify their cloud service fees. Their stability has gone right out the window. Once I get an Adobe app that's finally stable, I almost never want to upgrade it. I wish they'd just focus on optimizing Premiere so that it's rock solid and fast. It's the slowest and the buggiest of all the editing options out there. Even After Effects has started to show signs of issues. I never used to have problems with After Effects but both 2018 and 2019 have been exhibiting horrible memory leaks on all my machines. It's always a frustrating dance with Adobe. I'm kind of willing to give Davinci Resolve a pass (though it has its issues, too) just because it's so damned cheap and they're basically building a single App that effectively does what 4 Adobe apps try to do. Resolve has earned my patience through its amazing value and generous upgrade policies. Adobe... not so much.

October 9, 2019 at 6:42PM

Derek Doublin
Director, Cinematographer, Large Scale Artist

Ac Market Apk is a store that Android users can use. It has modified applications. It has some modified applications that are paid https://www.archiegrand.com/

October 10, 2019 at 7:11AM

abbygoud

It beats me why anyone still humours Apple by continually updating the OS and buying their latest silly phone. I used to be a huge fan, but lately I detest their snotty superior attitude and their minimalist obsessions that have denuded their laptops of virtually all connectivity.
Don't get me wrong, I still use their gear. But I refuse to be drawn into their ridiculous upgrade vortex. This is a prime example of why.

October 10, 2019 at 4:10PM

Graham HAY
Managing Director, Helicam International Ltd.

Lots of negativity on this thread, so here's some positivity. I upgraded to Catalina within a few days of release, LR and PS work perfectly well as do all my other apps. I don't use Premier however. No other issues to report at all.

October 15, 2019 at 7:47AM