Atomos Ninja V to Boost LUMIX S1 with 4K 10-Bit 4:2:2 HDR
Panasonic’s new LUMIX S1 is capable of recording 4K 10-bit 422 HDR footage through the Atomos Ninja V.
More news about Panasonic’s newest video focused 4K full frame mirrorless camera - the LUMIX S1 - has dropped on its recording capabilities with the Atomos Ninja V and Inferno portable monitors. (Read our full hands-on review with the Ninja V here.)
As we covered in the initial unveiling last week, as well as the more in-depth specs and features released just yesterday, Panasonic’s new LUMIX S1 and LUMIX S1R promise to bring another diverse (yet similar) option to the crowded mirrorless digital camera marketplace.
The LUMIX S1 is shaping up to be the video-focused offering of the two, and with this latest news of its out-of-the-box capabilities in partnership with the Atomos Ninja V, it may pique just a little more interest in filmmakers and video professionals.
LUMIX S1 4K 10-Bit 4:2:2
While the LUMIX S1 will internally top out at 4K at 60fps at 8-bit 4:2:0 Long-GOP at 150Mbps UHD 3840 x 2160 (which reportedly include a crop factor of about 1.5x for 60fps), news of its external HDMI recording options should turn a few heads.
Once released, the LUMIX S1 will be able to record 4K (3840 x 2160) 10-bit 4:2:2 HDR over HDMI to the Atomos Ninja V or Inferno, as well as record direct to Apple ProRes or Avid DNx at codecs up to 4K at 30fps in HLG HDR.
Recording directly to the Atomos Ninja V with the LUMIX S1 also frees up the camera from many of its internal video recording limitations. With no recording time limits and access to Apple ProRes and Avid DNx over H.264 or H.265 you can record directly to SSD and other Atomos devices.
- 24.2MP Full-Frame MOS Sensor
- Venus Engine Image Processor
- 5.76m-Dot 0.78x-Magnification OLED LVF
- 3.2" 2.1m-Dot Triaxial Tilt Touchscreen
- UHD 4K60 Video; HDR and 10-Bit Recording
- ISO 100-51200
- Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- 96MP High-Res Mode, Dual XQD/SD Slots
Body Price: $2,499
With 4-105mm f/4 Lens: $3,397
- 1920 x 1080 resolution touchscreen
- Records 4K 10bit 4:2:2 ProRes & DNxHR
- 5-inch display with 427ppi
- 4K HDMI Input
- 1000 nits brightness
- Records to Mini SSDs
- Supports Slog2/Slog3/V-Log-L/C-Log
- Powered by Sony L-Series Batteries (NP-F)
- Expansion Slot for Accessories