Blackmagic Design quickly turns around camera update for URSA Mini 4K shooters.
Blackmagic Design was alerted of a bug in its Camera 6.9.3 software and swiftly removed it from its support page. Three days later, the company has rolled out a replacement in the form of Camera 6.9.4, which claims to have fixed the bug that caused an issue in highlights.
The update will carry the same features of Camera 6.9.3, which includes the ability to embed custom 3D LUTs in Blackmagic RAW clips. The update only affects the URSA Mini 4K cameras.
Blackmagic Camera 6.9.4
- Add language localization support
- Add slider and 1/3rd stop increments when adjusting ISO
- Add common off-speed frame rate options above slider
- Add ability to embed custom LUTs in Blackmagic RAW clips
- Add sidetone level adjustment
- Add improved ballistics and scaling of audio meters
- Add choice of -18 or -20dB reference levels for audio meters
- Add ability to remap the HFR button
- Add ability to disable function and HFR buttons
- Add ability to remap VTR and Ret buttons on B4 lenses
- Add quick media switching from the heads up display
- Add support for HDR metadata in SDI output
- Add 'LUT' icon to status text overlays
- Add 'PRE' icon to status text overlays for preset timecode
- Add 2:1, 1:1 and 4:5 monitoring frame guides
- Add customizable frame guides
- Add ability to lock timecode to SDI Input
- Retain jam synced timecode after power cycle
- Improved jam sync timecode accuracy after playback
- Improved stability when using external or program reference
- Improved compatibility for embedded audio on SDI outputs
- Improved accuracy of status text on SDI outputs
- Improved ND filter status text
- Improved auto exposure speed and performance
- Improved media formatting user interface
- Added support for Panasonic EVA1 Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist
- Added support for Canon EOS C300 Mark II Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist
- Blackmagic RAW Adobe Premiere Pro plugin general performance and stability improvements
The latest firmware can be found on Blackmagic Design's support page.