The Blackmagic Camera 6.9.3 update lets you load custom 3D LUTs and more.
Blackmagic Design has released the Camera 6.9.3 update for the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K camera. The update improves the flexibility of RAW recordings, adds 11 languages, and provides new customizable frame guides.
The firmware update affects the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K, G2, and URSA Broadcast cameras and adds support for Panasonic EVA1 Blackmagic RAW and Canon EOS C300 Mark II Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist, and improves upon the Blackmagic RAW Adobe Premiere Pro Plugin.
The update also gives the ability to embed custom 3D LUTs in Blackmagic RAW clips. The LUTs can be directly embedded as metadata in the BRAW file. The custom look will be displayed on the camera monitor and any external monitors, creating a streamlined workflow from production to post.
Embedded audio over SDI has been improved. The same for timecode sync over SDI. Jam sync timecode is maintained between power cycles. Shooters can also now choose between -18 or -20 dB audio alignment levels. Line level input signals can now be adjusted and Blackmagic Design says audio meters have improved ballistics.
The HFR button can now be disabled, which, when bumped accidentally, would change the frame rate between shots. The VRT and return buttons on Cine‑servo PL and B4 lenses can be remapped as well, being able to disable the HFR button to prevent accidentally changing the frame rate between shots.
The update adds 1/3 stop ISO increments to the ISO slider and adds new 2:1, 1:1, and 5:4 frame guides, as well as a custom frame guide option. The operating languages included English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Russian, Turkish, Chinese, Japanese, or Korean.
Blackmagic Camera 6.9.3
- Add language localization support
- Add slider and 1/3rd stop increments when adjusting ISO
- Add common off-speed frame rate options above slider
- Add ability to embed custom LUTs in Blackmagic RAW clips
- Add sidetone level adjustment
- Add improved ballistics and scaling of audio meters
- Add choice of -18 or -20dB reference levels for audio meters
- Add ability to remap the HFR button
- Add ability to disable function and HFR buttons
- Add ability to remap VTR and Ret buttons on B4 lenses
- Add quick media switching from the heads up display
- Add support for HDR metadata in SDI output
- Add 'LUT' icon to status text overlays
- Add 'PRE' icon to status text overlays for preset timecode
- Add 2:1, 1:1 and 4:5 monitoring frame guides
- Add customizable frame guides
- Add ability to lock timecode to SDI Input
- Retain jam synced timecode after power cycle
- Improved jam sync timecode accuracy after playback
- Improved stability when using external or program reference
- Improved compatibility for embedded audio on SDI outputs
- Improved accuracy of status text on SDI outputs
- Improved ND filter status text
- Improved auto exposure speed and performance
- Improved media formatting user interface
- Added support for Panasonic EVA1 Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist
- Added support for Canon EOS C300 Mark II Blackmagic RAW clips captured by Blackmagic Video Assist
- Blackmagic RAW Adobe Premiere Pro plugin general performance and stability improvements
Blackmagic Camera 6.9.3 update is available now as a free download from the support page.