Blackmagic Adds HDR Support With Desktop Video 11.5 Update
Blackmagic Design's capture and playback devices now benefit from HDR support.
While the Australian company is widely known for its popular Pocket Cinema Camera series and programs like DaVinci Resolve and Fusion, Blackmagic Design has a very robust product line including capture and playback devices that allow you to connect to virtually any video device. They have updated the latter, specifically the UltraStudio and DeckLink lineup to now support HDR.
Desktop Video 11.5 is the latest update from Blackmagic Design. Besides HDR support, it features a new firmware flash recovery tool that you can use to reset DeckLink PCIe devices through USB if they have become unresponsive after the update. Good on Blackmagic for including an easy rollback option.
Desktop Video 11.5
- Adds HDR support for Adobe Premiere Pro for
- UltraStudio 4K Mini
- UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3
- DeckLink 8K Pro
- DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
- Avid Artist DNxIQ and Avid Artist DNxID
- New feature in Media Express 3.6.1
Adds capture and playback support for Rec. 2020, HLG and PQ in Quicktime files
- Fix issue in Adobe Premiere Pro that might cause timeline to flash
- Fix issue with analog audio level sliders in admin utility on UltraStudio 4K Extreme 3
- Improve compatibility with UHD RGB formats on DeckLink Mini Recorder 4K
- Fix audio muting issue in Adobe Premiere Pro after moving clips on the timeline during playback
- Add ability to recover from failed firmware update for DeckLink PCIe devices
- General performance and stability improvements for all models
- Add support for Rec. 2020, HLG and PQ in Quicktime files for capture and playback
- Desktop Video 11.5 is the last release to support Windows 7
If you're a Blackmagic Developer, Desktop Video 11.5 SDK is available to update hardware control and software interfaces for Desktop Video products.
You can download Blackmagic Design updates here.