Can You Hear Me? You Will with This Film and Podcast Gear
Audio is one of the most important aspects of filmmaking. Even when you're just talking about it on the pod! For our Deals of the Day, we found some options to get you started on set or in the studio.
Like the images we record, audio is equally important, no matter what you're doing. Bad audio can ruin an interview, an important scene, and even your podcast. It's always important to not only have the right tools but to plan out what needs to be done. While we can't help you with the plan, we certainly can help you with the gear.
- 2-Person Interviews, Vlogs & Podcasts
- Built-In Omni Mics & 3.5mm Mic Inputs
- 2 x Mini Clip-On Transmitters/Recorders
- Records 7 Hours of Uncompressed Audio
- Easy Setup with No Menus
- Stereo or Dual-Mono Output Modes
- 7-Hr Rechargeable Batteries + USB Power
- Powerful Features/Customization via App
- USB Audio Interface Functionality
- Up to 8 Mics on Set / 656' Range
Expanding on the original Wireless GO with updates allowing for two-person shoots, onboard recording, a greatly extended range, and flexible output options, the black RØDE Wireless Go II system lets videographers, vloggers, and mobile journalists quickly incorporate wireless audio into their setup.
Whereas the original Wireless GO employed a single channel, Version II is a dual-channel system capable of handling two transmitters simultaneously with low latency of 3.5 to 4 ms. There's also a companion app that provides onboard transmitter recording, configurable safety track recording in dual mono mode, file playback, and export, to name a few. If you need solid audio in a down-and-dirty situation, this is a great option.
- MKE 600 Shotgun Microphone
- Shoe/Pole Shockmount & Furry Windshield
- Aluminum Cabled Boompole & Pistol Grip
- XLR & XLR to 3.5mm Cables, Boompole Bag
- AA Battery or Phantom Powered
- Selectable 100 Hz Low-Cut Filter
- Resists Structure-Borne Noise
- Low-Noise Circuitry
- High Sensitivity Requires Less Gain
- Lightweight and Rugged Metal Housing
But what about filmmaking? You're on set, and you need to capture the perfect dialogue your actor just uttered. Where do you turn to? To this location recording kit featuring the Sennheiser MKE 600 shotgun mic. With the whole kit well under $1,000, it's a great budget solution for film or broadcasting projects. This Sennheiser MKE 600 kit can be either battery or phantom-powered, comes with a windshield, a universal shoe/pole shock mount, a pistol grip, an aluminum cabled boom pole, a boom pole bag, short and long XLR cables, and a short XLR to 3.5mm cable. This is everything you need to start capturing audio right out of the bag.
- Optimized for Podcasting & Broadcasting
- End-Address, XLR Mic Tailored for Speech
- Dynamic Capsule Minimizes Room Noise
- Internal Pop Filter Reduces Plosives
- Integrated Shockmount Reduces Vibrations
- Rugged Solid-Brass Construction
- Swing Mount for Easy Positioning
- Optimized for Use with RODECaster Pro
So you shot your film and want to make a podcast about the experience. Let's call it To Hell and Back.
If you think you can use the Sennheiser MKE 600 from the kit above, you'd be mistaken. Sure, it can work in a pinch, but different situations require different tools. For making a pod, the RØDE Podmic is a super affordable solution from a recognizable brand. Built from solid brass, this mic is connected via a 3-pin XLR and includes internal pop filters and a double-mesh housing to reduce breath and plosive noises (such as s, p, and b sounds) without needing an external pop filter. (Note: To Hell and Back is not an actual podcast.)
RØDECaster Pro II (Honorable Mention)
- For Podcasters, Streamers, and Musicians
- 4 High-End Mic/Line/Instrument Preamps
- 6 Faders and Large Color Touchscreen
- Multitrack Recording to microSD or USB
- Mix-Minus for Phone Call Interviews
- Studio-Quality APHEX Processing
- 4 Headphone Outputs for Host and Guests
- 8 Programmable Pads for Audio, FX & MIDI
- Dual USB Ports for Two Host Devices
- Bluetooth for Calls & Wireless Playback
Well, now your podcast blew up, and you need to step it up to the next level. How about adding the RØDECaster Pro II Audio Production Studio? This kit allows for onboard processing, multitrack recording and mixing, assignable sound pads, and extensive customization. Creatives can produce and mix on the fly, with up to four microphones, music, prerecorded segments, and remote guests on calls, all going on at once. You can go from sounding like two buds in a living room to sounding like you're casting from your very own studio. But this kit is only on sale for Green Monday!
Whatever your audio needs are, these tools should get you started in one way or another! Let us know your fav in the comments.