Financing your movie is not an easy thing to do. We spend a lot of time debating how to raise capital and get our dreams to the big screen. But there's nothing more valuable than talking to an expert.
Viviana Zarragoitia is the Vice President of Three Point Capital, one of the entertainment industry's top financiers that specializes in senior lending on film and television projects. Through Three Point, Viviana closes the financing on every film that the company is involved in.
She has been involved in the financing of over 100 independent films and worked with such producers as Cassian Elwes (Dallas Buyers Club), Rob Barnum (Margin Call), Anthony Bregman (Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind), James Schamus (Brokeback Mountain), Aaron Gilbert (Joker), Kimberly Steward (Manchester by the Sea), Nicolas Chartier (The Hurt Locker) and Kevin Frakes (Hereditary), among others.
Yeah, she knows how to get money to make movies.
Stage 32 is offering an exclusive, four-class seminar with her to help you get personal attention on your film.
One of the biggest challenges you’ll face as a creative is finding financiers and raising funds for your film. You may have a great script, a great cast, and an amazing crew, but at the end of the day, no money means no project. Yet you don’t need $10 million to get your film off the ground. With the right strategies and approach, you can successfully finance a film for $3 million or less. Sometimes much less, as microbudget films and films financed for under $500,000 continue to find success and still allow financiers to recoup their investments. This is all within your grasp, but first, you must understand the ins and outs of what goes into financing a film for less than $3 million so you can ultimately find success.
So what do you get out of all this?
In this advanced-level and intensive four-session class, Viviana will comprehensively teach you how you can finance your own film for $3 million or less.
In Session 1 she will provide an overview of the different types of film financing available to you. In Session 2 she will focus on microbudget films specifically and dig in to how films with these budgets can find success. Session 3 will delve into equity, pre-sales, gap, and sales agents. Finally, Session 4 will look at waterfalls, recoupment, and navigating collection accounts.
Along the way, Viviana will provide exclusive and valuable handouts that you can take with you for your own projects, including:
- Sample Budgets and Packages
- Sales Sheets
- Sales Agent Contracts
- Sample Collection Account Statement
- Example Distribution Agreements
What to expect...
- Viviana will be available on email during the four class sessions to answer any questions you have about your project.
- This class is designed for beginner, intermediate, and advanced students looking to learn the ins and outs of film financing at the under-$3 million level. This is an in-depth, practical, and detailed class with significantly more content than a standard 90-minute webinar.
- This class will consist of four sessions, each roughly two hours in duration. In addition to the presentation-style lessons where Viviana will be walking you through various elements of film financing, you will have the opportunity to ask her questions during each session.
- Plus, to stay motivated and inspired, you will have access to a private, dedicated Stage 32 Lounge where you can communicate with your fellow classmates throughout the process.
- Monday, March 15, 5-7 p.m. PT
- Wednesday, March 17, 5-7 p.m. PT
- Monday, March 22, 5-7 p.m. PT
- Wednesday, March 24, 5-7 p.m. PT
The entire four-class course costs $399, but we got you a 10% discount. Use the code NFSFINANCECLASS.
To sign up, follow this link!