It is great when you have the opportunity to interpret a film for yourself and decide what it means for you.
Filmmaker Todd Field offers this opportunity in the film, TÁR. The film takes us through an epic character study that mirrors the way we humans experience the world. TÁR is in theaters and available on streaming platforms.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Field’s inspiration to write and direct the film
- Putting the character in a position of great power
- How the character lives in a way that is contrary to the advice she gives others
- Letting the movie and music speak for itself
- The intent in writing the character as a real human being
- The very simple rules for this film
- What the editing and testing process was like
- Why Field believes it is healthy to have differing opinions
- The pleasure of being the originator of the story
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing email@example.com.