No Film School has become the trusted filmmaking resource and knowledge center for filmmakers both professional and aspirational around the world, we cover major events, have relationships with all the top brands, and get exclusive access to filmmakers, gear, and screenings around the world.
Do you want to be a part of all that and get paid to do it?
We're looking for a managing editor to help us continue to deliver great content across multiple platforms every day, but also to help usher in an entirely new era at No Film School- we have some very exciting developments on the horizon!
Managing Editor Responsibilities
- Administer the daily operations of the site
- Establish ideas for the editorial calendar with Editor-in-Chief
- Identify and prioritize time-sensitive content from social media, email, and other sources to ensure up-to-the-minute coverage of breaking news
- Rewrite headlines and choose featured art for audience appeal
- Supervise editorial staff to ensure that deadlines are met and copy meets standards (is consistent in terms of style, quality, and tone of voice)
- Oversee YouTube, Soundcloud, and other distribution channels/playlists
- Offer the last look at content prior to publishing
- Oversee the implementation of the style guide and strategy guide
- Ensure the target number of monthly/weekly posts is hit
- Track film events, such as festivals and conferences, and plan editorial strategy accordingly
- Manage the freelance budget and track expenditure
- Experience in a newsroom environment: managing writers, assigning and tracking story progress, meeting deadlines, budgeting stories
- World-class written communication skills
- Understanding of today's rapidly-changing digital publishing industry
- Ability to manage and oversee the editorial calendar
- Proficiency with web-based content management systems (we use Drupal), project management software (we use Asana).
- Strong knowledge of filmmakers, festivals, companies, and production/distribution tools
Remote (we are based in Los Angeles, CA)
Independent contractor, part to full-time position, flexible hours
No Film School is the leading website “by filmmakers, for filmmakers.” We publish the latest news, tutorials, interviews, and videos to help our readers become better filmmakers — “no film school” is required. Please see our media kit for more information on the history and growth of the site.
How to apply
Please email email@example.com with the word “editor” in your subject line.