Panasonic Adds 25P or 30P to GH2 with New Firmware Update
The Panasonic GH2 is beloved by many because of its small size, small price, and, um, large hackability. It has always had 24p, but until now never had 25p or 30p. Thanks to a new firmware released by Panasonic, GH2 users will be getting one or the other (but unfortunately not both): PAL GH2 users can now get 25p embedded in a 50i stream, and North American buyers get 30p embedded in a 60i stream (both at 24mb/s AVCHD). Here are the rest of the details:
- Added a video mode [HIGH BIT RATE] which is suitable for editing video recorded at high bit rate(24Mbps).
- Added a function [POWER ZOOM LENS] when using power zoom lens.
([DISP FOCAL LENGTH], [STEP ZOOM], [ZOOM RESUME], [ZOOM SPEED], [ZOOM RING]*)
- Full area enlargement of AF area setting.
- Improved in the speed of consecutive shooting when shot with auto bracket.
- Increased number of recordable images in consecutive shooting.
- [EX.TELE CONV. (Extra Tele Conversion)] can be set ON/OFF separately in photo or video recording.
- More accurate light adjustment of built-in flash.
- Improved in the AF performance in video recording.
- Synchronization of alarm volume for low battery with [BEEP VOLUME].
- Added a function [HALF PRESS RELEASE].
- Improved NR (Noise Reduction) in high sensitivity shooting.
- Added a function [TOUCH SCREEN] which is ON/OFF control of touch-screen.
* Available with LUMIX G X VARIO PZ 45-175mm / F4.0-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S. only.
Note that this will overwrite any hacked firmware you may be running, and the hacks are not compatible with this new version (yet).
[via Philip Bloom]
- Panasonic Releases AF100 Firmware Update, GH1 Hacker Deems it 'Definitely' Hackable
- The Sony F3 Gets New Zoom Lenses and Another Stop of Exposure with Firmware Update