Panasonic Officially Starts Shipping the GH3 (Plus New Test Videos)
Some of us have been waiting for this since the camera stat rumors in September, and others since the GH2 was hacked. Despite earlier news of a slightly delayed release date, it looks like Panasonic has officially begun shipping the GH3. If you’re just now learning about the GH3, be sure to check out the camera’s stats and past videos. However, if you’ve been following the news, jump in and check out the latest test videos:
To start, here’s a video shot by Vimeo user Bas de Meijer in Senegal that combines video and stills from the GH3. Aside from a little moire and some instances of over-saturated color, it looks rather good.
Vimeo users Filippo Chiesa and ADAM MADA shot some high ISO test footage (though not in the extended range), the former of which used Canon’s CN-E prime lenses.
Overall, I would say that ISO 1600 looks pretty clean, while ISO 3200 and 6400 are far too noisy for my tastes (although 3200 seemed pretty clean in MADA’s video). However, what I would really like to see is a high ISO test showing a comparison of footage both unaltered and with noise reduction applied in post.
Nick Driftwood takes us through the GH3′s different basic Picture Profiles, Scene Guide Modes, and Creative Control Modes.
I was also lucky enough to get my hands on the GH3 today at Glazer’s Cameras here in Seattle (according to the Panasonic representative at the store, there are 4 demo units circulating around the U.S. currently), and I’ll be posting my impressions and footage as soon as I’m able.
Have you received your pre-ordered GH3 or had the chance to check out a demo model? If so, what do you think of the camera?
- B&H Photo: Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Mirrorless Digital Camera
- 43 Rumors: GH3 shipping at BH and Adorama. RAW support from Apple.
- 43 Rumors: Amazon is shipping the first GH3 cameras today!
- 43 Rumors: Four new GH3 videos! (one of them shot on expensive CN-E lenses)
- Slight Panasonic GH3 Delay and 5 New Videos: 0.5 Firmware Update, Moire, Menu Interface, and More
- Panasonic GH3 Uncompressed HDMI Might Be Useless
- Panasonic Accidentally Unveils the GH3 in Promotional Video