And here's the new CION reel.
Here are the major new features in the 1.2 firmware update for the CION:
- Video Levels — Improved video levels with higher IRE values available for various EI, gamma and color correction combinations
- Improved white balance performance for over-exposure.
- Additional gamma and colour correction options for higher EI 800 and EI 1000 values
- New LUT support —Internal video gamma LUT for external monitoring of the Expanded 1 or disabled gamma selections when an external LUT device is not in use
- Auto white balance alarm — notifies users if an image does not contain a sufficient value of white or grey to perform an appropriate white balance
- Time lapse function indicator — interval record (time lapse) indication for the superimposed monitoring overlay.
- Expanded RGB output — SMPTE or full RGB range values can now be selected for the main SDI outputs.
If you want to sign up to try out a CION camera free of charge, head on over to AJA's #TryCION page. Just as a heads up, the program is currently only available in North America.