August 26, 2015

Edelkrone's QuickReleaseONE is a Universal Quick Release Solution for Any Tripod Plate

edelkrone QuickReleaseONE

If you work with lots of different small cameras and various tripod plates for sliders and jibs, you're inevitably going to run into issues adapting them all together. Equipment maker edelkrone think they have a better solution. With the new QuickReleaseONE, the goal is to make switching between different tripod heads as simple as possible:

The QuickReleaseONE is capable of adapting to any industry standard 1/4"-20 screw and cameras with a 1/4"-20 mounting point, though it seems like it might be better suited for plates that have the screw locked in place. It's capable of handling cameras up to 6.6 pounds, so anything in the DSLR or mirrorless range should work fine. While you can always mount the same exact style of quick release to everything you own, or make sure you're always using the same style of tripod head, this solution might simplify that process — though without using one it's impossible to know how strong it really is and how tight it will hold over time.

edelkrone QuickReleaseOne

This is a pretty innovative design, especially as it isn't squeezing itself to the threads (and ruining the 1/4"-20), but is instead going between those threads — so your tripod screw should still be capable of threading as normal after using the QuickReleaseONE. You can see the screws that are inside the QuickReleaseONE in this photo:

edelkrone QuickReleaseONE

The QuickReleaseOne can be ordered from the edelkrone site for $140, and will start shipping in two weeks.

Awesome product with illogical 140 dollar price point!!!

August 26, 2015 at 12:09PM

Rayhanur kabir
Director, DP

Whaaaaat ? This little thing cost $140 ?? What is wrong with you edelkrone ?

August 26, 2015 at 12:12PM

Jules Maussion
French Indie Filmmaker - Photographer

They are following Canons footstep!!

August 26, 2015 at 12:15PM

Rayhanur kabir
Director, DP

Nah, Edelkrone is innovative at least.

August 27, 2015 at 9:34AM

For 50$ each I would buy two or three of them but 140$ is a bit too much. The idea is great though.

August 26, 2015 at 12:20PM, Edited August 26, 12:23PM

AvdS

The whole point is that you would only need one. Well, unless you have multiple cameras.

August 28, 2015 at 4:49PM, Edited August 28, 4:49PM

Andy Carr
Video. Photo. Live Production.

At first I'm thinking this is awesome, which it is! Then I wonder... am I really about to attach my new little quick release plate, to my quick release plate? I then realized that this is not for me. It's a great idea though.

August 26, 2015 at 12:37PM

John D. Smith
Cinematographer

Especially at the price, all I can see is one simple cross-threading incident killing that thing and whatever it's being attached to.

August 26, 2015 at 12:41PM

Awesome. A bit pricey. Check out this universal camera screwdriver:
www.rabbitkey.com

August 26, 2015 at 1:14PM

Kei Kosonoy
Director I Actor I Editor

Seriously guys, decent equipment costs a lot of money. See how you feel when Arri charge you 250€ for a bolt!
Edelkrone's kit is nicely made and this is an innovative little product. Seems like a highly reasonable price to me.

August 26, 2015 at 1:32PM, Edited August 26, 1:32PM

Richard L
Camera assistant, DIT, DOP

I understand what you are saying, and I agree with you... however sometimes the pricing gets just a bit out of hand. I think somewhere in the $80 -$100 range would be reasonable. However, $140 is getting a bit high. Edelkrone develops some cool stuff, but it always seems just a bit overpriced. Just my opinion.

August 26, 2015 at 6:40PM

I'm sure people who buy Arri don't mind so much. People who buy a cheap DSLR don't want to pay $140 for this.

August 26, 2015 at 7:55PM

Lane McCall
Producer/Director

Holy monkey toys, that thing is awesome. :D Honestly the first accessory that I have been this excited for... But at 140 dollars... Yeah, I'm gonna hold of on this one for a bit.

August 26, 2015 at 2:16PM

Super cool gadget at an ridiculous price.

August 26, 2015 at 6:09PM

Tommy Rodriguez
Filmmaker, educator

Wow. I really thought they were going to say 60 bucks. I won't be getting one at $140. Give it a month or two and Chinese knock offs will be all over the place for 30 bucks.

August 26, 2015 at 7:53PM, Edited August 26, 7:53PM

Lane McCall
Producer/Director

This makes me want to shoot a music video. Otherwise I barely take the cam off the tripod, definitely an awesome idea. Ill wait for a price drop though.

August 26, 2015 at 8:30PM

Chris Hackett
Director, Director of Photography, Writer

Sure $140 may seem a bit pricey but this is a very well designed and innovative product that is probably the only one of its kind on the market.

If you want a quality product you can stand by, you will have to spend some money. I get so tired of people expecting everything to be so cheap. Edelkrone is not a low grade company. Their products are innovative and of excellent quality and Ive always had excellent customer service.

The price of convenience may not be worth the cost to some but for me to reduce time and stress becomes incredibly valuable.

August 26, 2015 at 10:05PM

JJ Sereday
Director/Cinematographer/Editor

You actually think that that little QR plate is worth $140! HA! Wow. Never!
"Edelkrone is not a low grade company" You must not of owned most of their first generation gear. Most of it was crap and low grade quality. The sliderplus was awful when it first came out. Sagged at the end of a dolly shot, was jumpy when the shuttle crossed the middle and was not smooth at all.
This, I doubt, will be the exception. I would wait until they get their pricing in order and come out with a second version after they figure out all the problems with this one.
Let me know how that $140 "convenience" fee works out for ya when your camera hits the ground lens first ;)

August 27, 2015 at 12:24AM

Are they serious with this price............?

August 27, 2015 at 5:57AM

Jerry Roe
Indie filmmaker

140?! My eyes just popped out.

August 27, 2015 at 11:37AM

Everything Eldelkrone makes is indecently high priced. And I fail to see how a "quick release" thingy that attaches to an actual plate is in any way... useful. I thought it was a gadget that would attach to any tripod without needing a plate. I'd buy that, if it existed. Unless it cost $140.

August 27, 2015 at 12:38PM

Smart solution. Stupid price. I have frequently been intrigued by the innovative designs from Edelkrone, but lost interest after reading so many reviews of bad manufacturing.

August 27, 2015 at 10:13PM