15 Great Black Friday Deals for Filmmakers
Waiting in line on Black Friday has become a national holiday, but the truth is that some of the best deals are online.
Though many of these deals are for Friday only at major retailers in-store, if you're online, plenty last through the end of the month or at least through the weekend. We've assembled a list of 15 of the best deals, but you can find a whole list of great stuff besides cameras, lenses, and rigs here. In addition, companies like Convergent Design (Save $200 on Odyssey RAW), Redrock, Zacuto, Rhino, FilmConvert, Ditogear, and SmallHD (in addition to many others), have some great sales for Black Friday.
In addition, though this isn't gear related, the 50% Criterion Collection sale is going on right now at Barnes and Noble, and you can save an additional 30% off with the code 30BFRIDAY.
Here's the brief list of >15 deals (we keep adding to it):
- FilmConvert grading plugins (Save up to $100) — $39-199
- WriterDuet screenwriting software (Save $40) — $59
- Sennheiser ew 122-p G3 Wireless Audio with Lav (Save $50) — $580
- Sennheiser AVX Wireless Audio with Lav (Save $150) — $750
- Canon 7D Mark II (Save $500) — $1,300 Body only, $1,650 with 18-135mm Lens
- Canon 5D Mark III (Save $300)— $2,500 Body only
- Nikon D810 (Save $500 & $1,100) — $2,800 Body only, $3,300 with 24-120mm Lens
- Rokinon Cine DS 50mm T1.5 (Save $150) — $400
- Rokinon Cine DS 24mm, 35mm, 50mm, 85mm T1.5 (Save $250) — $1,800
- SLR Magic 12mm Cine MFT (Save $170) — $400, SLR Magic 2X Anamorphic (Save $350) — $850
- Sigma 105mm f/2.8 Macro (Save $400) — $570
- X-Rite ColorChecker Passport (Save $50) — $50
- DJI Inspire 1 Quadcopter (Save $400) — $2,500
- DJI Ronin 3-Axis Gimbal (Save $500) — $2,000
- Sandisk Extreme 90MB/s Class 10 SD Card — 16GB $10, 32GB $15, 64GB $30,128GB $60, 256GB $120
- Apple 5K iMac Mid 2015 — 3.3GHz i5, 1TB HDD, 2GB AMD, 8GB RAM (Save $450) — $1,550
- Digital Bolex (Save $100-200 in-cart)
If you've got any hits on some great deals for Black Friday, feel free to share them below. The more we all save on gear the better!