Display Your Cameras in Style with the HANGIE Wall Mount

If you consider your camera a work of art, this little item will let you treat it like one.

Most of us store our cameras in a gear bag where it can remain cool, safe, and out of sight—which is probably what we ought to do. However, if you'd like to put your gear candy (eye candy, but with gear, follow?) right on display, the HANGIE wall mount from LaudWorks will let you do so.

The HANGIE comes in various colors in both 3D-printed bronze-infused stainless steel and white nylon plastic. Mounting one to your wall requires only two screws, and the tripod mount screw is there to secure your camera. According to LaudWorks, the HANGIE mount was tested with a 3.3lb setup, a Canon 7D and an EF-S 17-55mm lens attachment, so it can handle pretty much any DSLR on the market, as well as any collectible cameras you might want to put on display.

The HANGIE was designed with camera collectors in mind, but if you've got zero space to store your cameras or if you just like the idea and look of hanging them on your wall, you might want to see what this little thing is all about.

The metal version is a little pricey at $21, but the plastic version, ideal for small, lightweight cameras, is just $4

I consider my camera to be a tool, much like I'd consider anyone who displayed their camera with one of these...

August 28, 2016 at 5:07AM

keith

I logged in just to upvote that. (But seriously, thanks NFS, this is cool. I've got some old broken SLR's that might make good decorative pieces.)

August 28, 2016 at 11:47AM

Paul Goodyear
Director/ DP / Writer

I actually bought a guitar holder to store my steadycam and it looks great and works like a charm! :)

August 28, 2016 at 6:24AM

Robert Zinke
Blogger / DP / VFX Artist

This is an unnecessary No Film School post/article. Just takes up space. Its no good. Someone needs to know that.

August 28, 2016 at 6:50AM

Just wanted to say Thanks to NFS for all their hard work in providing me with a free place to review products and learn about the industry I so very much enjoy!

My wish is not to offend, but to those that feel they need to slam NFS or some one that finds this product useful, please remember that your perspective is not the only one, and not always fundamentally correct...this will make life for you and the ones you have to live and work with a lot easier!

I find this product actually quite useful as I have many retired SLR cameras that I believe are aesthetically beautiful and taking up shelf space in my editing suite...would be great to have them hung on the wall in a space efficient manner :)

August 28, 2016 at 9:19AM, Edited August 28, 9:43AM

Kevin Davidson
Director / Cinematographer / Editor

NFS, Don't listen to the tools, I enjoyed this post, very much appropriate.

August 29, 2016 at 7:48PM, Edited August 29, 7:48PM

I literally just pulled out a bunch of vintage cameras out of the storage room to hang in my studio as decoration. THIS is exactly what I needed!
Thanks V!

Keith and Wyatt...go troll elsewhere.

September 1, 2016 at 12:14PM