Panasonic Gives Us the Camera We Need & Who to Choose, Agent or Manager?
This episode of Indie Film Weekly answers one of our most pressing Ask No Film School questions: what the hell is the difference between an agent and a manager?
Co-hosts Jon Fusco, Emily Buder, and yours truly, Liz Nord also discuss Emmy and TIFF wins (and subsequent toppling of patriarchies), give an overview of last week’s incredible Camden International Film Festival, reveal a new indie filmmaker initiative that may change commercial directing forever, and say goodbye to director Curtis Hanson. Charles Haine joins us to reveal new gear, including Panasonic’s mirrorless GH5 and GoPro’s first drone. As always, the show brings more news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- All of our articles from Independent Film Week
- RIP, Curtis Hanson: Why the Self-Made Director Should be a Lesson to Aspiring Filmmakers
- So You've Made a Short Film—Now What?
- How 'Goat' Director Andrew Neel Enabled Breakout Performances on a Tight Shooting Schedule
- How 'The Fixer' Broke Ian Olds and Dominic Rains
- GoPro Unveils New HERO5, HERO5 Session, and $800 Foldable Karma Drone
- Panasonic GH5 Gives Us What We Want: 4K, 60p, 10bit, 4:2:2
- Syrp Slingshot Motion Control Wire Rig Goes from DIY to Mass Production
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals