Project Greenlight Digital Studios has announced a new contest, Reel Fear, in collaboration with the renowned horror writer and filmmaker Clive Barker (Hellraiser, Nightbreed). The contest is backed by Shudder, a horror streaming service from AMC Networks, and Adaptive Studios, the company behind Project Greenlight.
Starting February 13, 2017, until March 17, 2017, you can upload a one- to three-minute pitch for your original horror film to the Project Greenlight website.
You could win a $300,000 budget to make your original horror film with Clive Barker as your mentor as executive producer.Credit: Project Greenlight
Here are the contest details:
- Ten semifinalists will be chosen.
- The public, along with a panel of judges, will vote on the semifinalists' pitches.
- The audience voting winner plus four additional filmmakers selected by the judges will advance to the finals.
- The five finalists will receive money to shoot a scene from their horror script.
- In June, the finalists will go to the Shudder Labs creative retreat to get notes and guidance on how to improve their short scenes.
- The winner of the contest will receive a $300,000 budget for the complete feature film with Barker signing on as executive producer to guide the winner along the way.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, who officially reported the story for Project Greenlight, Barker said:
"When I was looking for financing while making Hellraiser, I wish there was a studio like Project Greenlight Digital Studios behind me. Teaming up with Adaptive Studios and Shudder is a wonderful opportunity to support emerging filmmakers in finding the new horror icon. This is also a great chance to scare and entertain audiences at the same time."
Be sure to check the Project Greenlight website for the contest's rules, requirements, and other details as they become available, and get those horror pitches ready.
Featured image: Clive Barker's 'Hellraiser'
Source: The Hollywood Reporter