The Most Anticipated Cameras of 2017 & How Not to Do a Guerrilla Shoot [PODCAST]
In this episode of Indie Film Weekly, we reveal which cameras shooters are looking to buy this year, and help you avoid on-set arrests.
Co-hosts Jon Fusco, Emily Buder, and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss the dominance of Panasonic's GH5 in indie filmmaker buzz, while ARRI's Alexa rules over the Academy's Sci-Tech Awards and film sets everywhere. The show covers the potential neutering of net neutrality by the new head of America's Federal Communications Commission, and an upcoming indie-helmed Netflix show that's pissing off white people. We also hear from screenwriter Paul Laverty on his BAFTA-winning film, I, Daniel Blake and cinematographer Bojan Bazelli on his collaboration with Gore Verbinski for the wild ride that is A Cure for Wellness. In Ask No Film School, we cover when (and when not) to ask for permission for public shoots, and other tips for outdoor guerrilla filmmaking.
As always, the show brings more news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Cameras from ARRI, RED, and Sony Honored at the 2017 Academy Sci-Tech Awards
- Here Are Your Surprising and Not-So-Surprising BAFTA Winners for 2017
- 'It Will Break the Heart of All': Palme D'Or Winner 'I, Daniel Blake' is Pure Cinematic Empathy
- 'I, Daniel Blake' Writer Paul Laverty on Climbing the 'Enormous Mountain' of a Screenplay
- This $4K Grant Could Help You Tell an American Muslim Story
- How to Use Documentary as a Call to Action: The Mobilization Tactics of 'Whose Streets?' [PODCAST]
- Infographic: The Most Anticipated Cameras of 2017
- Nikon Cancels Cameras, Reports Losses and Crashes Stock
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Nantucket Film Festival - February 17
- Oregon International Film Festival - February 18
- Fantastic Fest - February 22
- Sausage Party - Feb 23