Tribeca Must-Sees & How to Create a DCP the Right Way [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly previews the Tribeca Film Festival and bids farewell to a storied cinematographer.
Co-hosts Jon Fusco, Emily Buder, and yours truly, Liz Nord get excited about the 16th edition of the Tribeca Film Festival opening this week, and discuss whether (finally!) Netflix might let us see its films in theaters. We also say goodbye to the genius cinematographer Michael Ballhaus and remember his storied career working with Rainer Werner Fassbinder, Martin Scorsese, and Francis Ford Coppola. Tech writer Charles Haine joins us to share more previews of the big NAB gear expo that starts this weekend. He also answers an Ask No Film School question about creating Digital Cinema Packages for your movie.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- RIP Michael Ballhaus, Cinematographer for Scorsese, Coppola, and Fassbinder
- 10 Movies We're Excited to See at the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival
- 'Bill Nye: Science Guy' Filmmakers Pushed Everyone's Favorite Science Guy into Extreme Situations
- Why Cannes is Buzzing About Andrea Arnold's Breathtaking 'American Honey'
- The Mysteries of the Sundance Screenwriters Lab, Explained [PODCAST]
- Get a Majorly Discounted GoPro HERO5 with New Trade-Up Program
- Sound Devices MixPre Keeps Your Workflow Flexible
- New DJI Phantom 4 Advanced: 4K 60P Slow Motion and More
- Cooke Covers Full Frame with the S7 line
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Roy W. Dean Film Grants - April 30
- Flies Collective Film Grant - Submissions open now
- Film Independent Producing Lab/Sloan Producer's Grant - May 1
- Sundance Screenwriters Lab - May 2
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- American Honey - April 27
- Free Fire - April 21