June 2, 2017
exclusive

Exclusive: Complete Your Film Education with This Free Hitchcock Course

Turner Classic Movies and Ball State University want you to spend your virtual summer with the master of suspense.

Think online classes are for The Birds? Would you rather stare out your Rear Window than join an internet seminar? Well, Turner Classic Movies may change your mind with its latest offering: a free summer learning series called The Master of Suspense: 50 Years of Hitchcock.

After all, there may be no Western director more worth devoted study than Alfred Hitchcock. To the point where “Hitchcockian” is an adjective, his innovative use of blocking, daring editing techniques, andcoverage of long takes changed cinematography forever and have provided inspiration to other filmmakers for decades.

We got an exclusive first peek at the course (below), which will run from June 26 to August 7.

The class is concurrent with TCM’s spotlight on Hitchcock’s films. The network is showing a comprehensive slate of more than 40 Hitchcock productions every Wednesday and Friday evening this summer, ranging from such early silent-era works as The Ring (1927) and The Farmer’s Wife (1928) to his final two features, Frenzy (1972) and Family Plot (1976).

Dr. Richard Edwards, host of the podcast Out of the Past: Investigating Film Noir, helms the course. Unlike some online courses that offer no interaction with the profs, Edwards will hold live-tweet sessions with students to supplement the course's videos and multimedia activities.

Sign up here. It would be Psycho not to.

Great article. I just signed up for the course. I'll let you know how it goes .. =)

June 3, 2017 at 5:24AM

Life is very short for doing everything better and get success in their lifestyle. So the Divisions at Nestor University is providing a chance to all beginners to develop educational life and grow without any difficulties. http://www.nestoruniversity.com/divisions/index.asp

July 4, 2017 at 11:45AM

After all, there may be no Western director more worth devoted study than Alfred Hitchcock. To the point where “Hitchcockian” is an adjective, his innovative use of blocking, daring editing techniques, and coverage of long takes changed cinematography forever and have provided inspiration to other filmmakers for decades. https://www.certssafe.com/1Z0-067-practice-test.html

July 8, 2017 at 2:47AM

I have visited your site 1st time and really feel good to read your post. Thanks for sharing it. http://www.onedollarwebhostings.com/ I feel so happy if you take visit our site.

July 14, 2017 at 6:31AM

Pole Smith
One Dollar Web Hosting

Thanks for sharing such a post. It will definitely help lots of people like me. I have signed up for the course. Visit site for Bull Guard Coupons

October 3, 2017 at 5:23AM

I am considering signing up for the course but before I sign up, I would like to read some reviews.

I work for a company known as VPSHostingNinja, where I work as a writer. I have got some good content writing skills. Here is one of the article I have written about Godaddy $1 Hosting : https://vpshostingninja.com/godaddy-1-economy-hosting-coupon/ .I hope someone will give me unbiased review about the course.

October 9, 2017 at 3:52PM

Very well written and really informative...Thanks for sharing :-)
Regards