Star Wars' Systemic Problem & How to Avoid Getting Hacked [PODCAST]
In this episode of Indie Film Weekly, why a major movie was hijacked and how to protect yourself from a cyberattack.
Jon Fusco, Emily Buder, Charles Haine, and yours truly, Liz Nord also reveal the real problem with Lucasfilm's firing of Lord & Miller, why a promising streaming subscription was killed before it even had a chance to live, and why you might never see Albert Maysles’ final film. In Ask No Film School, we outline the best color grading software for Premiere Pro.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Indie Film Pioneer Hal Hartley on Why the Dream of the '90s is Dead—And That's OK
- How 'The Beguiled' Art Director Brought Sofia Coppola's Steamy Civil War Vision to Life
- The Ride of a Lifetime: How One Man Founded the Best Film Fest You've Never Heard Of
- Watch: Sigourney Weaver Takes Out Aliens in Neill Blomkamp’s New Post-Apocalyptic Short
- Why a Syrian Filmmaker 'Signed a Contract with Death' to Tell Her Story
- How Starting a Production Company Can Help You Make Your First Film
- Maybe Lucasfilm Should've Watched This Video Before Firing Lord & Miller from the Han Solo Movie
- Joel Edgerton of 'Midnight Special': Filmmaking 'All Comes Down to Point of View
- Here Are 3 Major Lessons from the Larson Studios Hacking Fiasco
- Blackmagic Design Releases Camera Control App for URSA Mini Pro
- Lensbaby's New Velvet 85 is Inspired by Vintage Portrait Lenses
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Points North Fellowship - July 12 Extended Deadline
- Points North Institute Shortform Editing Residency -July 12 Extended Deadline
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Camden International Film Festival - June 30
- The Smalls Film Festival - July 3
- Santa Fe Independent Film Festival - July 3
- Pi - July 1
- Okja - available now
- Loving - July 1