This episode of Indie Film Weekly weighs the benefits of film school against its rising cost, and debates the merits of renting out your own gear.
Jon Fusco, Charles Haine, and yours truly, Liz Nord share some fun facts about the crossover between TV directors and the year's biggest films, say a (possibly temporary) farewell to one of the world's greatest actors, and discuss whether or not Apple is finally a serious contender in the original content game with its latest hires. We also discuss the Canon and Sony summer gear rumors, and hear from Wonder Woman DP Matt Jensen about the differences between shooting for action and drama.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, words of wisdom from No Film School, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- The 17 Indie Movies You Need to See This Summer
- 'Wonder Woman' DP Matthew Jensen on Shooting the Summer's Biggest Movie on Film
- Meet the World Class Cyclist Who Biked 1,200 Miles of Jungle to Shoot Her Film
- Watch: Forget Realism, Embrace Formalism
- The Best Things You Can Do For Your DP Career Off-Set, Part 2: Building Skills & Inspiration
- 'The Bad Batch': Ana Lily Amirpour and Suki Waterhouse on Why Making Movies is 'Traumatizing'
- The World's Fastest Camera Shoots 5 Trillion Frames Per Second
- ScopeStream Might Be Your New Solution for Accurate Color
- Canon EOS 6D Mark II and Sony a7III: Here's Everything We Know
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Screen Australia: Documentary Development - June 16
- Film London Production Finance Market (PFM) -July 3
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Cork Film Festival - June 24
- Leeds International Film Festival - June 30
- St. Louis International Film Festival - June 30
- Blood Road - June 20
- Nobody Speak: Trials of the Free Press - June 23
- The Birth of A Nation June 24