NoBudge Announces 2017 Award Winners
NoBudge continues its growth as a distribution route for underserved films.
Each year, NoBudge, a breeding ground for experimental and alternative work, has its founder Kentucker Audley hand out a number of awards further highlighting excellence in low-budget filmmaking. Late last week, the 2017 award winners were selected, and we encourage you to check out this year's slate. Each film is available to view free of charge over at NoBudge.com.
- Best Film: And Nothing Happened
- Best Drama: (tie) The Mess He Made, I Was There Too
- Best Comedy: (tie) Bev, Ford Clitaurus
- Best Director: Naima Ramos-Chapman (And Nothing Happened)
- Best Screenplay: Sweet Things (Line Dalheim)
- Best Cinematographer: (tie) Jomo Fray (Get Out Fast & Modern Love), Mia Cioffi Henry (Valeria)
- Best Performance: (tie) Brennan Lee Mulligan (Bev), Max Jenkins (The Mess He Made), Naima Ramos-Chapman (And Nothing Happened)
- Zeitgeist Award: Unpresidented
Spirit of NoBudge Awards
If you'd like to get a sense of the work NoBudge highlights, check out three of the award-winners below, including the hilarious and ineffable Ford Clitaurus (directed by MP Cunningham), the powerfully acted and painfully relevant The Mess He Made from director Matthew Puccini , and the complex I Was There Too, featured on No Film School with an interview with director Joey Izzo.
While awards may seem relatively arbitrary, the intent is pure and instrumental in maintaining a healthy independent film ecosystem. To submit your film to NoBudge's ever-growing catalog of quality low-budget work, go here.