What to Know Before You Drone & The Best Way to Get Your Short Seen [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly reveals how to get off the ground with drone cinematography.
Jon Fusco, Erik Luers, and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss the union negotiations that might have the Hollywood film industry gearing up for a strike, and ponder what the heck is going on with Moviepass. Jon also shares wisdom from Short of the Week about how to develop a distribution strategy for your short film. In gear news, Liz reviews the Freefly Movi smartphone stabilizer. Aerial cinematographer Randall Esulto from BerCo Aerial joins us to answer an Ask No Film School question about how to get started with drones. As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Why 'Nico, 1988' Used 50-Year-Old 8mm Footage from Jonas Mekas in a Fictionalized Biopic
- 'Never Goin' Back': How A New Director Made the Ultimate 21st Century Stoner Comedy
- Are you a Filmmaker Who's 18 Years Old or Younger? Here are 18 Great Film Festivals For You
- Short of the Week's Andrew Allen on How to Make the Most of Your Short Film
- DP Roundtable: How to be the Cinematographer Your Director Needs
- The Film is Half the Project: 'Almost Sunrise' Filmmakers on Making an Impact
- Sundance-Winning 'Last Men in Aleppo': Making Cinema Amid Chaos and War
- How a 4-Day Journalism Assignment Became an Explosive Yearlong Doc Production
- HBO's 'SOLITARY': How Kristi Jacobson Got Access to America's Off-Limits Prisons
- VR is Not Filmmaking—Here's Why [PODCAST]
- Jeff Orlowski's Sundance-Winning 'Chasing Coral': 'Nobody Has Ever Seen This Imagery'
- 5 Ways Hiring a Drone Operator Can Save You Time and Money
- 5 Pointers for Better Drone Storytelling
- How to Prepare for the FAA’s New Drone Pilot Certification Exam
- Get Mentored by Screenwriting Professionals at the 2019 Middlebury Script Lab
- REVIEW: Freefly Movi Makes Your Smartphone Videos Smoother—But it Takes Practice
- Win $100K in Prizes & Gear in Aputure's 'Light This Location' Contest
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Evolution! Mallorca International Film Festival - August 5
- Sundance Film Festival - August 6
- Indie Memphis Festival - August 13
- Rest in Power: The Trayvon Martin Story - July 30
- Three Billboards Outside of Ebbing, Missouri - August 4