This episode of Indie Film Weekly looks under the hood of Da Vinci Resolve 15.
With Liz Nord absent and on the hunt for Alfonso Cuaron's famed VR piece in Mexico City, Jon Fusco and Erik Luers fill in to tell you about the scariest movie trailer ever made, Hulu's imminent disaster, and Disney's double standards. In gear news, Charles Haine is back to break down the brand spanking new, all in one suite that is Da Vinci Resolve and reveal a cool new lens. This week on Ask No Film School we give some tips on how to stay on track and motivated while working on a feature screenplay or a master's thesis.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Why Joe Wright's 'Darkest Hour' Might Be Gary Oldman's Brightest Moment
- How 'We the Animals' Found the Perfect Blend of Film and Digital with Blackmagic Tools
- 'Black Mirror': How Directors Joe Wright and Owen Harris Built Dystopian Worlds That Look Like Our Own [PODCAST]
- How Editor Barry Alexander Brown Cut to the Heart of America in "BLACKkKLANSMAN'
- Blackmagic Design Rolls Out Full Shipping Version of DaVinici Resolve 15
- Field Test: Laowa 24mm Macro
- Use Sony NPs to Power Everything
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Minneapolis St. Paul International Film Festival - August 17
- Boulder International Film Festival - August 17
- Sundance Film Festival - August 20
- Minding the Gap - August 17
- Darkest Hour - August 18
- We the Animals - August 17
Check-Out: Professional & Studio Headphones – Top Selling Headphones on Sale this week
With any & every B&H purchase You will automatically be entered into the Monthly Gift Card Raffle.
August 18, 2018 at 11:45PM
Nice episode. Can't believe you would go into A Quiet Place with one ear plugged though. I understand the reason, but the sound design and mix was what made the film!
September 26, 2018 at 8:33AM