Our Most Anticipated Films at TIFF & Other Movies to See in Fall 2018 [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly sorts out the highlights from festivals in Telluride, Venice, and Toronto.
Festival season is upon us once more and with it, a whole new class of award contenders have suddenly made themselves known. In this episode, Jon Fusco, Erik Luers, and Liz Nord reveal the films they're most excited about, as well as countless others you should keep an eye on as Fall begins to heat up. In gear news, we highlight a couple of new wide angle lenses that caught our eyes and on Ask No Film School we explain why it's never ok to use an artist's music without permission.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Blackmagic's New Resolve is a Masterpiece & The Scariest Trailer Ever Made [PODCAST]
- How International Productions at Sundance Embraced Post-Globalization Filmmaking
- How to Block a Ghost Story: DP Ole Bratt Birkeland on the Unsettling 'The Little Stranger'
- 'If You Have a Vision, Try to Keep It ’: Mastering 1970s Crime Cinema in ‘Let the Corpses Tan’
- Get a Much Better Feel in the Field with Tamron's Full Frame SP 15-30mm F/2.8 Di VC USD G2
- Get Hands On with the Canon CN-E 20mm Prime Lens
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Portland International Film Festival - September 7
- Boston International Film Festival - September 7
- Sundance Film Festival - September 14