The HD-PRO for Glidecam is a perfect marriage for cameras under 10 lbs.
Glidecam dates back to 1991, and with growth comes improved product design. The HD-PRO is the company's latest iteration of handheld stabilizers for cameras under 10lbs and its the best yet. Its lightweight yet rugged design is machined from non-corrosive aluminum with a "no tools" design for fast setup.
According to Glidecam, the HD-PRO is "a natural evolution of a product" and will replace its HD-1000, HD-2000 and HD-4000 series stabilizers. Which is a good thing—one product that does it all, aka, the cat's pajamas.
The head features Glidecam's first drop-in dovetail camera plate with laser-etching so you know the vertical and horizontal center points. The plate also works with Manfrotto's 501, 502, 503, and 504 series heads.
The HD-PRO is available for pre-order for $499.
- Designed cameras up to 10 lbs (4.53 kg.)
- 5.25″ X 3.5″ X 1.5″ Camera Mounting Plate
- 14″ tall in fully contracted mode
- 25″ tall in fully expanded mode
- Total Weight is 2 lbs 14 oz without Counter Weight Discs
- Includes 12 Custom Counter Weight Plates
- 12 Counter Weight Plates = 3.264 pounds
- 1/4″ Camera Mounting Plate Screw
- Base Platform has one 1/4″ mounting hole for optional accessory
More of No Film School's coverage from the NAB showroom floor: