Today we speak to Matthew Gentile and Matt Allen about the process of filming and editing the film, American Murderer. Matthew met Matt in film school and invited him to collaborate on his first feature film. American Murderer is now available on Amazon Prime.
In this episode, we talk about…
- How screenwriting and directing are different
- Matthew’s experience in film school
- Realizing he wanted to write his own screenplay
- Becoming obsessed with the story of the main character
- The things that keep you going when making your first film
- Filming during the heart of the pandemic
- The danger in trying to stick so closely to your storyboard
- Realizing you have so many elements to work with as a director
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing email@example.com.