Just because something is different doesn’t mean it is wrong. Sometimes “breaking the rules” is precisely what makes films so great.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Famous French-Swiss filmmaker, Jean-Luc Godard
- The unique perspective French filmmakers brought to the industry in the mid-1900s
- Jean-Luc Godard and his malicious compliance to “the rules” in filmmaking
- Being careful in the edit room. Don’t fall in love with the temp score
- A list of Godard films to watch for those who are unfamiliar with his work
- How one needs to consider context when crossing the line in film
- The problem with flat-fee distributors
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.