In this episode, we talk about…
- Heidi’s journey from Polish immigrant family trauma to writing jokes for a living
- Why it’s better to write for a herpes commercial vs. star in a herpes commercial
- Listening to yourself and understanding the power of failure
- Heidi’s writing experience and a strong base in satire and comedy
- Turning adult misery into successful young adult fodder
- Value of learning how to interpret feedback and the process of “vomit first drafts”
- Cold-emailing managers and not giving up until you find the right audience
- Tubi TV and what comes next for Heidi
- Advice for screenwriters: "Never use semicolons, do use fast language, and study your craft"
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing email@example.com.
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by George Edelman and Jason Hellerman.