Have you ever wanted a full-frame, RAW-capable camera kit? How about a lens kit with four different focal lengths? We dug through a bunch of deals this week to bring you just that.
A compact camera set up with ProRes RAW via the Atomos Ninja V+. Best of all, we found an awesome Sigma zoom lens that'll get you four lenses in one. This whole package can be had for under $5,000 and gets you shooting right out of the box.
Panasonic Lumix S5
- 24.2MP Full-Frame CMOS Sensor
- UHD 4K60 Video,10-Bit Internal Recording
- V-Log, HDR, and Dual Native ISO
- 2.36m-Dot 0.74x-Magnification OLED LVF
- 3.0" 1.84m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen
- Contrast-Detect 225-Area DFD AF System
- 5-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- ISO 100-51200, up to 7 fps Shooting
- 96MP High-Res Mode, Dual SD Card Slots
In terms of physical design, the S5 borrows elements from the larger S1-series of cameras but has a smaller footprint and lighter weight profile for improved portability. It meshes capable video and photo capabilities with a portable body design that features a full-frame 24.2MP CMOS sensor.
The S5 distinguishes itself with a UHD 4K60 10-bit internal recording, Dual Native ISO, and a wide 14+-stop dynamic range. Beyond video, it caters to a versatile range of stills applications. This includes a 7 fps continuous shooting, ISO 100-51200 native range, and even a 96MP High-Res Shot mode. It won't matter if you're working with photo or video, the S5 maintains a quick and accurate 225-area DFD autofocus system with refined subject tracking, as well as 5-axis sensor-shift image stabilization to minimize the appearance of camera shake.
Atomos Ninja V+
- 1920 x 1080 Touchscreen Display
- HDMI 2.0 Input/Output
- Record up to 8K30 ProRes Raw
- H.265 Codec Download License Included
- 10-Bit Exterior Viewable Monitor
- 1000 cd/m² Brightness
- AtomHDR Mode with 10-Stop Dynamic Range
- Records to 2.5" Mini or Standard SSDs
- 10-Bit 4:2:2 ProRes & DNxHR Encoding
The Ninja V+ is the same on-camera monitor/recorder as its predecessor the Ninja V 5", but the Ninja+ now features a 5.2" display and records and plays back up to 8K raw video to and from purpose-built mini-SSDs. The Ninja V+ can record Apple ProRes RAW up to 8K30 or DCI 4K120 directly from the sensor, and it is compatible with select cameras such as the Panasonic S5. It also includes an H.265 free-to-download license to record with the high-quality, low-bandwidth codec for up to 10-bit recording in ProRes 4:2:2.
Display features include a 10-bit screen with a brightness of 1000 cd/m² AtomHDR technology for accurate monitoring of your log gamma footage, and support for popular log formats from Sony, ARRI, Canon, JVC, Nikon, RED, Sony, Z CAM, and Panasonic cameras.
Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Art
- L-Mount Lens/Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/2.8 to f/22
- Six FLD Elements, Two SLD Elements
- Three Aspherical Elements
- Super Multi-Layer & Nano Porous Coatings
- Stepping Motor AF System
- Rounded 11-Blade Diaphragm
Positioned as a workhorse lens among Leica L-mount full-frame mirrorless systems, the Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Art is a versatile wide-angle to portrait-length zoom characterized by its f/2.8 constant maximum aperture.
The bright design suits working in available lighting conditions and also affords increased control over depth of field. The optical design incorporates a series of low dispersion and aspherical elements that greatly reduce a variety of aberrations in order to achieve high sharpness, enhanced clarity, and improved color accuracy.
What do you think of these kit suggestions? Leave us a comment about your thoughts!