In this episode, we talk about…
- How much Tom Cruise and the film industry has changed from the first Top Gun movie to Top Gun: Maverick
- The problem with long climaxes, thanks to Michael Bay and Christopher Nolan
- Creating a story worth telling vs. destroying every last fiber of a franchise
- Scientology is still bad, but at least Maverick has age-appropriate love interests
- James Cameron’s deliberate trolling about his 3-hour movie
- Declining appeal of long movies as well as shows with too many seasons
- Advice for emerging filmmakers—less is more, and storytelling matters most
- Building community through backyard cinema and low-level networking events
- Details about Laowa’s anamorphic lenses, Atlas Lens’ Orion Silver Edition, and finding the perfect combination of camera, lenses, and lighting
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Get your question answered on the podcast by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by George Edelman.