Today, Moment has announced that it has added a brand new lens to its collection of mobile glass that is definitely going to get travel filmmakers and extreme sports videographers excited.
Meet Moment's new lens, the Fisheye 14mm.
It features a new, bi-aspheric optical design, which is a first for a smartphone lens, has a 170-degree field-of-view, offers distortion correction in the Moment app, and that produces crisper images than you might expect from a fisheye lens.
Check out this promo to get a peek at Moment's new 14mm fisheye lens:
If you're thinking, "Wait, doesn't Moment already have a fisheye," you'd be right. It's a 15mm that used to be called the "Superfish Lens", but the new 14mm actually adds a few key features in Moment's fisheye category, including a unique, bi-aspheric optical design that uses 15% more of the image sensor than the 15mm. That means crisper images from edge to edge.
But this new design does more than provide cleaner images. It was created specifically with the latest smartphone cameras in mind, like the iPhone 11, Pixel 4, One Plus 7, and Galaxy S10. Moment's 14mm lens boasts a 170-degree field of view, which is 30% wider than the "ultra-wide" lenses on these smartphones.
To get a better idea of what the Fisheye 14mm can do for your images, check out these comparisons:
- 170-degree field-of-view (30% wider than ultra-wide phone lenses)
- Bi-aspherical design that uses 15% more of the image sensor than Moment's 15mm lens
- Works in Night Mode (25% more light than Ultra Wide)
- In-app distortion correction (for iOS only; Android coming in the next few weeks)
- M-series mount interface with twist-and-lock design
- Works with the latest Apple, Google, Samsung and OnePlus devices
- Made with aerospace-grade metal and high-end cinema-quality glass
- Edge to edge clarity for sharp images
- Includes a lens cap and microfiber carrying bag
- Lifetime warranty
Price and Availability
The Fisheye 14mm is available now and retails for $119.99. However, for the next 48 hours, you can get it for $89.99.
Head on over to Moment to learn more.