All the drama surrounding Scarlett Johansson’s lawsuit against Disney, Amanda Knox, and the burden filmmakers have for research and talking to sources.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Details about Scarlett Johansson’s contract for Black Widow and why she’s suing Disney
- Impact of changes to film releases and theatrical vs. streaming
- Disparities in pay within the film industry
- Ongoing issues with nonpayments and residual pay and why litigation is often necessary
- Choosing to side with the stars vs. the studios
- Why we should fight against wage theft at every level
- A brief recap of the Amanda Knox story and how it relates to Tom McCarthy’s Stillwater film
- What obligation filmmakers have regarding research and how real events inspire fiction
- How marketing sometimes becomes a stumbling block for films
- What deepfakes are and how they’re getting people jobs
- Deepfaking skills and different examples of deepfakes
- Exciting Adobe and Blackmagic releases
Links to Resources:
- Subscribe to our newsletter for news, contests, deals, and a FREE ebook.
- Check out our new video on lighting night shoots.
- Please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, and check us out on Instagram!
Ask us questions at firstname.lastname@example.org!