Lots of big and exciting news in the film industry this week, including the recent strike authorization vote by IATSE!
In this episode, we talk about...
- IATSE, the union representing thousands of TV and film employees, has authorized a strike to gain equal pay for new media (such as streaming services), higher bottom rates for living wages, and adequate rest breaks.
- How the resounding “yes” vote for the strike got negotiations to start moving again.
- The support and solidarity that’s been seen in the film community about the strike—but how much are these supporters putting their money where their mouth is?
- Thoughts on the roles of unions, pay scales for different positions in the industry, how this all affects producers, and more.
- How Russia sent a film crew to space to shoot a movie at the International Space Station!
- Exciting news regarding the iPhone 13’s camera’s LiDAR capabilities.
- An Ask No Film School question regarding how we can help support the IATSE strike, if it happens.
Links to Resources:
- Please like us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Check us out on Instagram
Ask us questions at firstname.lastname@example.org!