Tokina's New atx-i Macro Lens Is Full-Frame Friendly
Tokina optimizes its popular macro lens for contemporary, full-frame cameras.
Tokina has announced a new medium tele macro lens, the atx-i 100mm F/2.8 F. Based on the company's popular AT-X M100 PRO D Macro model, the atx-i has been redesigned and optimized specifically for full-frame DSLR cameras.
It has a host of features that might interest filmmakers, including both Nikon F and Canon EF mounts, a compact, lightweight design, as well as a multi-coating to control flare and ghosting.
And if we're going to talk about optical performance, the atx-i 100mm was designed with two aspherical glass elements and two Super-Low Dispersion glass elements that provide low distortion and zero curvature of field, as well as low falloff and controlled chromatic aberration. And all this while still maintaining high edge-to-edge resolution.
Tokina's new macro lens also features the One-Touch Focus Clutch Mechanism, which allows users to snap the focus ring back toward the camera to "engage real manual focus control."
To avoid "excessive AF hunting," users can lock their lens focus into or out of macro using the focus range limiter switch.
Also, because it was designed with a manual aperture ring (based on the AI AF Nikkor D-Type lens standard), the atx-i 100mm can be used with a wide range of different cameras.
- Compact and lightweight design.
- Life-sized (1:1) reproduction at 30 cm.
- Extremely high corner to corner resolving performance and almost zero distortion.
- Beautiful bokeh with almost circular-shaped background highlights for portrait shooting thanks to classical extending barrel focusing system.
- A focus range limiter switch for effective focusing routine.
- The direction of the manual focusing ring matches the proprietary direction of Nikon and Canon lenses.
- Manual aperture ring (Nikon F mount only) based on the standards of Ai AF Nikkor D-Type lenses to use with wide variety of cameras including old Nikon film cameras.
- One-touch focus Clutch mechanism to switch between autofocus and manual focus easy.
- Lens Mounts: EF and F mount
- Lens Format: Full Frame
- Fixed Focal Length: 100mm Lens
- Maximum Aperture: f/2.8
- Lens Type: Macro SLR Lens, Telephoto SLR Lens
- Filter Size: 55mm Lens