Check Out These 30 After Effects Shortcuts
These Adobe After Effects keyboard shortcuts will save you precious time.
Truer words were never spoken. Check out the video, and see below for a list of over 30 After Effects shortcuts. While the list may seem overwhelming, After Effects is a complex program. These shortcuts are your shortcuts to being an AE master editor.
A (Anchor Point), P (Position) S (Scale) R (Rotation) and T (Opacity)
View More Properties
- Hitting one of the above hotkeys (APSRT), plus Shift.
Quickly Set Keyframes
- Opt + A, P, S, R, T (Mac)
- Alt + Shift + A, P, S, R, T (Windows)
Reveal All Keyframed Properties
- Select the layer and hit U (also works for multiple layers.)
Access the Hand Tool
- Hold down the spacebar and drag.
Zoom into the timeline by pressing + or -
Zoom Into the Comp Viewer
- Just use comma "," or period key "."
Fit Your Comp to the Viewer
- Hit Shift + / and your composition will go full screen.
Quick Ease for Your Keyframes
- Jump from keyframe to frame by using the J & K key.
Hop Layer Frames
Hop between layer frames by using the I and O keys (for the first and last, respectively)
Move From Frame to Frame
- Page Down and Page Up
- or Cmd + Right Arrow and Cmd + Left Arrow
Preview Twice as Fast
- Hit Shift + 0 on the Number Pad.
See All Manipulated Properties
- Double-tap the U key.
Quickly Add Markers to the Timeline
- To add a marker hit the * key on the number pad.
- Set a marker with text hold down shift + *.
Precompose Your Layers
- Cmd + Shift + C
Easily Move Layers
- Move layer to current playhead location by hitting " &"
Move Playhead to Beginning or End of Composition
Home or End keys
Scale Layers to Fit
- Cmd + Opt + F
Toggle Guides On/Off
- Cmd + R
Different Viewer Resolutions
- Full: Cmd + J
- Half: Cmd + Shift + J
- Quarter: Cmd + Opt + Shift + J
- Hold Option + Replace
- Cmd + Down or Up Arrow
- Cmd + Shift + D
Show the Graph Editor
- Shift + F3
Search for Layers
- Cmd + F
Maximize Any Panel
- Hover and press the ~ (Tilde)
Hide or Show Layer Controls
Cmd + Shift + H
Kern Your Type
- Option + Right or Left Arrow Keys
Save the Current Frame
Cmd + Opt + S
Center Shape Layer Anchor Points
- Opt + Cmd + Home
Show And Hide the Grid
Cmd + ' (Apostrophe)