'Dallas Buyers Club', 'The Place Beyond the Pines' Screenplays For Your Consideration
Back in October, the indie world lamented the ouster of James Schamus as the CEO of Focus Features along with the shuttering of the New York Focus Features office. As Universal steers Focus toward more releases of bigger titles, this awards season really marks the end of an era for one of the great champions of independent film. As we eagerly await the next stage of Schamus' career (write more screenplays, please), we can read the screenplays for Dallas Buyers Club and The Place Beyond the Pines from Focus Features.
Dallas Buyers Club is based on the true story of Ron Woodroof, who, when he is diagnosed with AIDS, decides to circumvent the system to purchase and distribute anti-viral drugs not yet approved by the FDA to keep himself and other AIDS patients alive. Eventually, the FDA comes after Woodroof with all its force to shut down his buyers club. Here's a trailer for the film, which is currently in U.S. theatres:
The Place Beyond the Pines tells the story of a carnival motorcycle stunt performer who trades in life on the road for bank robberies to provide for his newly discovered son and his former lover. The robberies catch the attention of an ambitious rookie cop and lead to a confrontation with lasting consequences. Here's a trailer for the film:
Thanks to Focus Features, here are the links to the screenplays:
- Dallas Buyers Club, written by Craig Borten & Melisa Wallack
- The Place Beyond the Pines, written by Derek Cianfrance, Ben Coccio and Darius Marder
As always, please use these screenplays for your educational purposes only, and don’t wait to download them as we never know when they will go offline.
Also, if you missed our previous posts about award contender screenplays available for free, legal download, you can find them at the links below:
- The Wolf of Wall Street
- Saving Mr. Banks, Rush and Lone Survivor
- Nebraska, Philomena and August: Osage County
- 12 Years a Slave, Enough Said and The Way Way Back
- Gravity, 42, Prisoners, and The Great Gatsby
- Wadjda, The Invisible Woman and The Past
- Fruitvale Station and Lee Daniels' The Butler
- Despicable Me 2 and The Croods
- The Spectacular Now, Spring Breakers, and The Bling Ring
- Before Midnight and Kill Your Darlings
Do you think Dallas Buyers Club and The Place Beyond the Pines are the last hurrah for Focus Features as we have known it? Share your thoughts with us in the comments.