The Best Filmmaking Apps & Sundance 2018 Preview [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly sets you up for Sundance—whether you'll be there or not.
Jon Fusco and yours truly, Liz Nord are headed to Park City, Utah for the 34th Sundance Film Festival. We are joined by NFS Managing Editor Erik Luers on this episode, and together we share everything you should know to get ready for the big event, whether you’ll be there in person or not. In gear news, Kodak makes a big gamble on a new version of old tech and in Ask No Film School, Charles Haine reveals the most useful film production apps on the market. As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Surviving Sundance: Practical Tips
- 'The Insult': Ziad Doueiri on Humanizing a Story's Politics
- For Mark Webber's 'Reality Cinema', Lack of Resources is its Strength
- Will Steven Soderbergh Be the One Who Finally Gets Interactive Storytelling Right?
- Laibox is Going to Revolutionize the Action Cam
- Kodak Ups Price on Super8 Camera 4x to $2500
- Descript Is the Future of Audio Editing
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- TFI/ESPN Short Documentary Program - January 28
- Nickelodeon Writing Program - January 31
- Whicker’s World Film & TV Funding Award - January 31
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Maryland International Film Festival - January 20
- The Julien Dubuque International Film Festival - January 25
- Newport Beach Film Festival - January 26
- Flesh and Blood - January 23
- A Futile and Stupid Gesture - January 26
- Mosaic - January 22