ARRI Finally Goes 4K & Tarantino's Biggest Regret [PODCAST]
This episode of Indie Film Weekly also reveals the keys to a successful Super Bowl ad pitch.
Jon Fusco, Erik Luers, and yours truly, Liz Nord discuss why the Kill Bill car crash story matters for every filmmaker, how to create a winning Super Bowl ad, and the results of the recent DGA Awards. Liz also answers an Ask No Film School question about what to do if you think you don't fit in at film school. Charles Haine joins us for a huge week in gear announcements, including ARRI’s new 4K Alexa LF.
As always, the show also brings news you can use about gear, upcoming grant and festival deadlines, this week’s indie film releases, industry wisdom, and other notable things you might have missed while you were busy making films.
Listen to the episode by streaming or downloading from the embedded player above, or find on iTunes here.
Show Links & Mentions
No Film School articles
- Guillermo Del Toro, Jordan Peele, and Reed Morano Win Big at 70th Annual DGA Awards
- 'Wonder Woman' DP Matthew Jensen on Shooting the Summer's Biggest Movie on Film
- How the DIY Safdie Brothers Shot the Genre Thriller of the Year on 35mm Cinemascope
- Hot, Loud, and Over 200 MPH: How 'The Last Race' Leaves Conventional Storytelling in the Dust
- 'An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn': How Jim Hosking Makes the World's Most Eccentric Films
- 'Beirut': DP Bjorn Charpentier on Creating the Sundance Spy Thriller's 'Dirty, Dark Look'
- Panavision Upgrades the DXL with New Sensor and Workflow
- ARRI Finally Releases a Real 4K Alexa (and on Their Terms)
- Sony VENICE Shipments Begin
- Core SWX Gives us the surprisingly obvious with a P-Tap Camcorder Battery
- Teradek Buys RTMotion to Integrate Follow Focus into Lineup
Upcoming Deadlines: Grants & Opportunities
- Sundance Documentary Creative Producing Fellowship and Lab - February 15
- NEA ART WORKS Grants - February 15
Upcoming Deadlines: Festivals
- Rooftop Films - February 9 (Late Deadline)
- Brooklyn Film Festival - February 15
- Bend Film Festival - February 15 (Early Deadline)
- Good Time - February 11
- Seeing Allred - February 9
- Wonder Woman - February 10
- Golden Exits - February 9