The Broaden Your Horizons screenplay competition has some incredible judges this year.
The Dallas International Film Festival runs April 16, 2020, to April 23, 2020, at West Village in Uptown Dallas. Writers may submit scripts for feature films, television pilots and short films to the DIFF Broaden Your Horizons screenwriting competition now through midnight March 31. Winners will be announced during the DIFF Filmmakers Brunch, Sunday, April 19. They will receive DIFF Star Passes, professional consultations, up to $1,000 prize money and a writer’s enrichment retreat on Carnival Cruise Line.
How much does it cost to enter?
So who's judging this year?
- Three-time Oscar winner Jana Memel - - So I married an Axe Murder, Ray’s Male Heterosexual Dance Hall, Lieberman in Love
- Three-time Emmy winner Ken Estin - - Taxi, Cheers, The Tracey Ullman Show, Beverly Hills Cop
- Animation visionary Teresa Cheng - - Shrek Forever After, Madagascar, Batman & Robin, True Lies
- Strategic partnerships expert Lisa Furfine - - The New Celebrity Apprentice
- Dallas Film’s Johnathan Brownlee - - Three Days In August, The Standoff at Sparrow Creek, Decoding Annie Parker
Along with these judges, they also have readers who work for major Hollywood representation companies.
What are the prizes?
Deadline entry ends March 31
Winners receive professional consultations from one these judges, cash prize money, guaranteed reviews from Hollywood agency and management readers, and a writer’s enrichment retreat on Carnival Cruise Line.
DIFF's Screenplay Competition is now accepting submissions for feature films, shorts, one-hour TV pilots and half-hour TV pilots. All entries are eligible for optional feedback from professional readers (highly recommended). You can find all the rules here.
Finalists announced on April 8, 2020. Winners revealed on April 19, 2020.