Got a screamin' good horror script? Then you'll want to enter this screenwriting contest.
It's that time of year again, gang. ScreenCraft is back with its Horror Script Contest, the #1 horror screenplay contest in the industry, offering winners some cash prizes, as well as something even more valuable, personal introductions to some of the biggest names in horror.
ScreenCraft has handpicked an outstanding panel of judges for this year's competition, which includes industry professionals that have horrified us all with some of the most successful horror films in the genre, including Mandy, Us, It Follows, and Hereditary.
Not only that, but ScreenCraft has added a new category that might interest those without a completed script. More on that below:
Horror Concept Pitch
ScreenCraft has unveiled a new category for participants to compete in: the Concept Category. This allows screenwriters who have a really, really, really good idea for a horror flick but don't have a completed script to win some great prizes. Winners receive:
- Concept development meeting with Brittany Klesic at Monkeypaw Productions
- $500 cash award
- Complimentary access to all screenwriting courses from ScreenCraft
- Complimentary annual membership to The Script Lab's TSL 360 screenwriting education library
Entry fees: $19 (before April 30th), $29 (until June 30th).
- Ari Aster & Lars Knudsen: The writer/director team behind Hereditary and Midsommar.
- Ryan Turek: VP of Development at Blumhouse Productions (Paranormal Activity, Insidious, Sinister)
- Pip Ngo: Director of Sales and Acquisitions at XYZ Films (Mandy)
- Brittany Klesic: Creative Executive at Jordan Peele's Monkeypaw Productions (Us, Get Out)
- Juan He: Manager at Good Fear
- 1st Place: $1000 cash, a phone call with a top Hollywood manager/agent, introduction to top studio development executives, producers, and filmmakers
- 2nd Place: $500 cash, a phone call with a top literary manager, circulation of your project's logline and title to ScreenCraft's network of producers, managers, agents, and development execs.
- Top 3 Finalists: Free development notes from a professional Hollywood script reader, circulation of your project's logline and title to ScreenCraft's network of film professionals, free lifetime license to WriterDuet Pro v4 screenwriting software
- Anyone from anywhere in the world can enter, but you must be at least 18 years old.
- You must have earned less than $50,000 from professional writing services for film or TV in the last year.
- Each screenplay will be judged based on originality, story, characterization, visual inventiveness, and overall impression.
- Feature screenplays should be no longer than 140 pages.
- All submissions must be written in English.
- You can submit as many scripts as you like.
- Entry fees: $49 until the early deadline (April 30th), $69 until the final deadline (June 30th)
The early deadline is April 30th, 2019 and the final deadline is June 30th, 2019. So, what are you waiting for? Head on over to ScreenCraft and get those horror scripts in! Good luck!