In today’s episode, No Film School’s GG Hawkins speaks with screenwriter Samy Burch to discuss:
- Spending time in audition rooms as the daughter of a casting director
- Making sure no actor got cut from this film
- How Samy was able to tackle such a complicated and sensitive story
- Writing in her apartment coat closet
- The hard work and luck involved in getting the screenplay picked up
- Protecting the confidence in your own voice.
- Presenting power dynamics in her writing
- Watching the film alone versus in a theater
Subscribe to the No Film School Podcast on:
Listen to more episodes of the No Film School podcast right here:
This episode of The No Film School Podcast was produced by GG Hawkins.